Wednesday, February 17, 2010

And for my next project I need some guidance

To celebrate my countdown to Japan in t minus 36 days (yay!) my first inspiration piece for this week is the famous "Mt. Fuij Off Kanagawa" Japanese woodblock print by Hokusai. I absolutely love the colors used in this piece. I was searching for a new color pallet and kept coming back to vintage, soft, and soothing. I felt that this piece along with the other images I show below were appealing to me and I wanted to pull colors from these images to use for my next project.



Below is a scrapbook paper pattern that I found on twopeasinabucket by Making Memories

I can't wait to use these colors, bright yet soothing. Image courtesy of twopeasinabucket and the pretty paper comes from Sassafras

Mellow Yellow, I adore the checkered background. Image courtesy of twopeasinabucket. The lovely paper is from Cosmo Cricket.



No comments: