Thursday, July 15, 2010

Save the Gulf!


Today is a happy day, they have plugged up the oil leak in the gulf. Although the damage that has been done already is incredible there are efforts out there that anyone can help. It saddens my heart thinking of all of the gulf wildlife that has been affected, including my favorite ocean animal the Pelican. I have pulled a few items paying omage to the Pelicans and those affected by the
oil spill.



If I had my wedding to re-plan and do over I would have definitely included these Pelican wedding cake toppers from Becky Kazana.



These note cards from Paper Ink and Earth were made to bring awareness to the Gulf Restoration and part of the profit goes to The National Wildlife Federation's Gulf Oil Spill Restoration Fund. The muted/antique colors caught my eye.

I absolutely adore this necklace by Crave Jewelry Design. Some of the proceeds also go to help the Gulf through the Gulf Restoration Network.


This Pelican pouch by Old Yarns is cute and is made of recycled materials from the 70's. This influences me to start thinking of my own fabric projects to start.


Here is a drawing that I did a while ago, I am looking forward to my next Pelican Drawing Study.

Every little bit counts to help Save the Gulf and protect the animals from any more harm.

No comments: