Friday, August 6, 2010

Reminiscence of Japan

As another week comes to an end I look back on my time in Japan. These two specific photos represent both ends of the creative spectrum of Japan. The first was taken of a Geisha in Kyoto which represents the more traditional side of Japanese culture. The word Geisha consists of two kanji, (gei) meaning "art" and (sha) meaning "person". A Geisha is a true artist.

The second photo was taken in Tokyo in the famous Harajuku District where many young adults express themselves through fashion. Many designers and fashion ideas have stemmed from Harajuku street fashion. I also consider these kids artists in their own right.

Both of these photos are up on my etsy store for sale, I hope everyone has a blessed weekend.

Photobucket







Photobucket

No comments: