Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nature Calls

It was a great feeling to be out of the city again enjoying nature and God's creation. My husband and I celebrated our 2nd year of marriage at Mammoth Lakes this past week. The landscapes, surroundings, weather, and lakes were all breathtaking. I could definitely live there. Here are some moments that I captured. The sky was really this blue, it was absolutely amazing.


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

All of the following pictures are of the National Monument Devil's Postpile, which is made from volcanic lava then cooled and formed by a giant glacier years ago. A mix of hot and cold to make these natural organic shapes. I could have sat here and drawn these awesome shapes for hours. Maybe this will have to be my next drawing challenge. To be this close to natural art was a blessing. I look forward to coming back soon.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Those rocks are so cool! I wonder how they are formed,
Glad you 2 had a great trip!